Is it Time to Stop Living with Regrets and Embrace the Present?
What a great gift you can give yourself!
Almost every parent or person alive regrets what they've done or should have done. Even when the source of regret happened years ago, we hold onto those feelings, wishing that we could change the past. We want to change our choices and the coping skills we have used. We can live a Calm, Centered, Creative and Free Life!
While we can't travel back in time to change our past choices, we can Face and learn from our past choices and move forward. The choices we made in the past are what they are. We did what we did with the skills and knowledge we had at that time. And this reality is the truth for us all.
One of the best ways to be released from regretful thinking is to live in the present. By Focusing on today, we'll be able to transform your need to judge the past with the knowledge we have now in the present moment. Hindsight is hindsight. Make peace with the past choices, and create good choices now.
Focusing on today is the only way to Free our self from holding regrets.
How to Make the Shift?
Try these to stop living in regret and embrace the present:
1. Face what you want. One of the biggest reasons for living in regret is not knowing what you desire. And while it's easy to put off deciding what you want for fear of commitment, without knowing what you want, you can't start the process of living in the present.
● So Focus, make a list of goals you want to achieve and then commit to following through. Instead of regretful thinking cluttering your mind, think about what you want, which will help you be more focused on the present.
1. Investigate your underlying fears. When you make decisions from a place of fear, it's easy to get stuck in regret. There are many ways to express fear, but what is often common is that we have difficulty accepting our faults and limitations.
● So, if you want to be less caught up in regret, you have to start Facing, Focusing, and becoming Free of your fears. Common excuses like lack of time to pursue a goal or not meeting the right people may stem from something much more profound.
● Uncovering the root cause of your fears means learning to accept them, and once you do that, you'll be in a much more positive mental space to make the Shift.
1. Going with the Flow. We get stuck in a rut. We may think we know what we want, but we repeatedly get stuck in the same routine or thought pattern. There's no point in living in the past.
● What do we have control over? We have control over our present moment from the inside out. Going with the Flow doesn't mean Facing life without a plan. It means letting go of the need to control everything. What we have control of is our internal thinking, not the external events.
1. Work on achieving a Flow mindset. Rather than stressing about the future or the past, a Flow mindset is where you are content with whatever life brings you. You let your experiences happen, but you don't attach any emotional meaning to them. You are aware, accepting, and then make calm, centered, and creative choices. It is living a life of peace and balance.
The Skill of Facing, Focusing, Freeing, and Living in the Flow is what The Stress Shifter Skill Online Course teaches. Join us and choose to let go of regrets and live a calm, centered, and creative life in the present moment.